I swore

I swore I was never {ever, ever, ever...} going to be one of those "Mommy Bloggers". 

Famous last words...

Then again I also swore I was never going to have a kid until I was ready...So I guess the lesson here is that I should never swear.

A year ago a I was busy preparing myself {and all those surrounding me} for my departure that would last six months and take me on all sorts of wonderful adventures {Read more about those adventures on my travel blog}. It's hard to believe that now I am scurrying around preparing for my first marriage, my first house and my first baby. That's a lot of firsts. 


On a daily average my search engine history on Google {God bless Robert E. Kahn and Vint Cerf!!!} look like this:



  • Gmail
  • Opinion Outpost
  • MySurvey
  • BzzAgent
  • Zillow.com
  • foreclosures-near-me
  • Jobs-I-can-work-from-home
  • Netflix {Currently on Season 3 of Grey's Anatomy} 
My bookshelf:


  • Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - J.K. Rowling
  • Better Off - Eric Brende
  • The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
  • Allllllll of Dave Ramesy's books I could steal from my mom
  • Created to be a Help Meet - Debi Pearl

I would say that my background in homeschooling/hopeless nerd had led to my obsessive use of research. But I guess I should tell a little bit more about myself.

I have finished 4 semesters of college level classes. I have lived in 3 different countries, 2 of which I did not speak the language. I used to whiten my teeth. I am 15 weeks pregnant. I like my coffee black. I occasionally paint my nails. Used to run 5Ks but really want to pick that back up. Bang Bang Shrimp is the bomb. God is my main source of sanity. Wine is amazing. I have a Betta fish, named Blue because I went through a period of unoriginality . I will probably give you some product reviews on stuff that I think you will like. You can never have too many pillows on your bed...or blankets. Fall is my favorite season. I have never cracked a cellphone screen. Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream makes me happy. I was named after a French Saint who lived in the late 1800s. My boyfriend/fiance/best friend Alex is pretty much the only person who can put up with my raging hormones at this point in pregnancy. My dog doesn't understand why I'm getting fatter. I am obsessed with Elephants. My music taste is pretty much all over the board.  


So that should suffice for now. The next post should focus more on my pregnancy, and what all I am doing to prepare for the grand entrance of my baby into the world!

Comments

Popular Posts