Girlfriends are proof of God's love to us. Seriously. Yesterday for the first time in LITERALLY FOREVER, I got dressed in real clothes, put shoes on my feet and left my house to journey into the great unknown and meet my friends. I met Katie for 3 1/2 hours of talking, laughing, and drinking Starbucks and sharing banana bread. Then I went "shopping" {read: looking} at Plato's closet and ate an embarrassing amount of food with Kara. To top of my night, I got an unexpected phone call from Grace, my long distance other half. It was so refreshing and much needed. Of course being me I did not get pictures of any of it, but you really don't need pictures to remember the best days of your life. You just need lots and lots of laughs because when I woke up this morning with my cheeks aching from smiling so much, I remembered that awesome day yesterday.

I am so blessed to have these beautiful women who aren't afraid to be seen in public with me and my awkward self. They genuinely care about my well being and coffee intake and make me want to smoosh all of them in hugs and never let go.

Katie is a sweetheart and always greets everyone with a smile. She loves on babies and works in a hospital so she's a legitimate angel and there is a spot in heaven with her name on it. There is no one I would rather have to witness a 60 year olds blind date with. Seriously, if you're about to be mentally scarred for life I would recommend her company. I'm glad we are able to laugh about it now, but I will see you in therapy woman.

Kara, I hate you. You are a ball of energy that I wish I had and are constantly working out and looking just so damn hot I'm kinda afraid that you're going to upgrade on your friends any day now. Thanks for getting my constant hunger that I have right now. I love that you're always down to eat, or just snuggle my pregnancy pillow and watch 80s chick flicks. You're the bomb.com. Never lose your love for life, but go ahead and turn it down a notch on the working out, ok? You're making me look bad.

Grace. In May it will be two official God-awful years that I haven't beheld your majesticness. The only thing more regal than yourself is a frickin unicorn. I may or may not have questioned your sanity the first time I met you, but honestly you are the peanut butter to my spoon. I don't think I would have survived my first year of big girl life without you and your constant supportiveness and collective stress.

Why am I gushing about girlfriends on the blog of my motherhood? Because without them, I doubt that I would have kept any of my sanity these previous 5 months. They have been my support system. They are the people I text when I'm frustrated, bored, insanely happy, or when I forget something. They are down to laugh or cry and drive all the way out to where I live and eat my food. I think having friends is an important part of being a mom, cause let's face it, you're going to eventually be driven crazy by the tiny adults you call your children and you're going to need friends that don't let you go too far over the edge. My mom always surrounded herself with women whom she could vent to, pray with, or just exchange recipes. Most of these women I now look up to as role models for my life. So thank you to the friends who put up with me. You don't have to do it, but you do and you're awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts