Family's 1st Easter
Baby Bear and I have gotten a lot of air time lately so I just have to take a hot minute and brag on my baby daddy. Pregnancy is usually all about the new baby and the mom and no one really addresses the dads-to-be and their roles in pregnancy. I am beyond lucky when it comes to mine. He has been supporting of me and our son since we found out we were pregnant {I am confident now that was one of the most trying seasons of our relationship}. We fought a lot at the beginning mostly due to my raging hormones and the fact that we were both scared to death. We had no idea what we were doing or if we would have support from our families and friends. But I can say that even though we argued and fought and cried, we grew closer. Since I'm still living at home with my family he would come by after work in the evenings and try to feed me and then when that usually ended up going south, he would sit on the hard tile in my bathroom for hours holding my hair when I needed it or just rubbing my back and telling me I looked pretty in his sweats. We would usually end up laughing over nothing and being slap happy, and needless to say some of my favorite memories were made on that bathroom floor.

Naptime Snuggles

I was/am probably the most difficult pregnant woman. One second I demand something, the next I throw it all up.  I get irritated when his laundry doesn't get put away or the fish tank doesn't get cleaned. And through all of it. All the tantrums, the meltdowns, the cravings, the worries, Alex remains loving and gentle. He doesn't get angry or leave me to fend for myself. He does his best not to laugh when I'm sobbing about being out of orange juice. He cuddles me when I am mad for absolutely no reason and can't for the life of me remember where I put my phone. Seeing his excitement over Cub, gets me excited. His nervousness for what's coming is the absolute cutest. He spoils the crap out of me and makes sure that I have absolutely everything I need {whether it's late night runs for mac n cheese from Bread Co. or blankets on blankets on blankets}

He is everything I aspire to be. He is humble and hardworking. He is loving and kind. He doesn't judge others. And he prays before he does anything. My son and I are so blessed to be loved by him. He is funny and handsome. He makes me laugh when all I want to do is cry, he accepts my apologies when I'm feeling randomly out of sorts. He is never bitter. And when people judge us for our choices, he prays for them. He is the face of Christ in my daily life. He puts in long hours at work every day to provide for our growing family. He is amazing...And I feel like I'm doing an awful job at praising him. Nothing I ever say or do will ever be enough to show how much I love him and how grateful I am for his heart. I am beyond humbled to become Mrs. Alexander Ramshaw. 

Comments

  1. This made me all teary. So sweet, rach. I'm so glad you two have eachother <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me all teary. So sweet, rach. I'm so glad you two have eachother <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts