HOW I GOT MARRIED IN 30 DAYS WHILE PREGNANT & DIDN'T LOSE MY MIND

Once upon a time... I had given up on love and sworn off any future relationships. That's when I met a boy.

  • We Met \\ June 22, 2014 and haven't looked back 
  • He Proposed \\ July 10, 2015 and I said "yes!!!!!" 
  • We Found Out We Were Pregnant \\ October 21, 2015 

  • We Got Married \\ April 28, 2016 and here's to the rest of forever! 

I used to be a wedding girl. I daydreamed, and planned {on Pinterest, so it basically semi-concrete} the absolute perfect wedding imaginable. But when it all came down to it, I realized that I have a tendency to get hung up in the details and micromanage things if I am not extremely careful...so I decided that eloping was for me. It's quick, it's easy, and you don't have to worry about getting the best waterproof mascara on the market because your daddy isn't walking you down a long aisle littered with everyone you know and love. Ahhh. Sounds like bliss.

Alex and I tried to elope. We did. We really did. We set a date, we made the arrangements, we even had a code name {don't ask...}. And then...Easter Sunday night, we had just successfully pulled off yet another family gathering, except this time it included my future in-laws which brought us to 30 something people. I was getting ready for bed and Mom was tying her wet hair up in a turban when she turned to me and said, "What if we just threw you a small wedding? Like less people than there was tonight? That wouldn't be so hard." The wheels were in motion. I started to envision a very small elegant wedding. One that didn't have a ton of frills, and was classy and only the people that I REALLY truly loved and cared about being there...What if?!

I'm a classy girl. I like things that never go out of style and I don't really keep up too much with trends...it took me a REALLY long time to be ok with Ugg Boots, let alone, start wearing them. Ergo we had a very classy, small intimate morning wedding with just our families. Not to brag but I really hit the jackpot when it comes to families, my godmother and aunt is a photographer and we got her to do our wedding photos even though she doesn't typically do them {check out her website}.

I had to do follow the age old traditions too:
  • Something old- Grandma Harrell's Rosary wrapped around my bouquet stems
  • Something new- My Veil made by Patty Bennet
  • Something borrowed- Grandma Prinster's Pearls
  • Something Blue-the date embroidered in blue thread on the underside of my dress. 

We got a family friend to marry us at my parents' church. You have to love small towns. Tom is one of my parents' best friends and I have known him all my life, needless to say I have wanted him to officiate at my wedding since I was about 10 years old {and already making plans to marry a cute boy who lived next door}.

My Wedding Dress- came from Tiffany Rose Maternity. They are a higher end maternity dress store located in the UK and they sell everything from wedding dresses to bridesmaid to formal dresses all in maternity sizes. LOVE THEM. They are super helpful when it comes to sizing you for your dress {has anyone else struggled with buying maternity clothes and ensuing that they fit well? No? Just me? K.} Anyways, my dress was here within three days and it fit like a dream. Did I mention how comfortable it was??? I didn't want to get out of it!

Bridesmaid Dresses- we went with mint and blush and God so very awesomely gave me two beautiful girls for my sisters so I decided to have Elle for my MOH and Caroline as my bridesmaid. I figured with two gorgeous girls standing up there with me, I would have a chance at looking ok myself...What could possibly be better than two beautiful girls in beautiful colors? The prices on the tag. Mom managed to find two dresses in my colors BOTH for 100$. Our dresses that we chose were jr. bridesmaid dresses, and needed a little bit of altering {they were a little big on both girls}.  Thankfully enough we have a good friend, Mrs. Bennet who was able magically transform the dresses into a dream.


Florist-we found our florist through our venue. Troy Flower Shop was helpful and did everything to make my bouquets look like what I had envisioned in my mind's eye {read: saw on Pinterest}


Cake- was from our all time favorite bakery Susie G's. Every single birthday, holiday, and celebration we get our cakes from here. Let's be real: I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I only got married for the wedding cake.

Venue- Cedar Lake Cellars was kind enough to work with my extremely last minute schedule and our coordinator, Christine, was an angel. We rented half of the restaurant from noon until 3 pm and had a lovely lunch planned with hanger steak {Don't worry my first reaction to this was a little bit like, "wait....a whaaaa?!" also how do you tell people you're having an elegant morning wedding and serving hanger steak?}. The food was mind blowing and the staff was wonderful.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Pinterest is a bride's best friend. Seriously. I don't think I could have planned a wedding this fast if I was in the 90s. Or even 2005. Pinterest is like Google for girls. Praise the Lord for Pinterest.

Get this: my wedding was actually also a ploy to get my Gram to go to her 75th surprise birthday party the next night! We told her that we were having the reception for all our friends and extended family then, and that we would suffice with brunch after the official ceremony. The next night she showed up for my "wedding reception" to find fifty of her closest family and friends gathered for dancing and celebration.

The weather was perfect {sunny and 75} and everyone I loved showed up. We had a grand total of 21 people and it was relaxing. Small, classy and elegant. I can't say it was the wedding I would have dreamed up when I was 12 {all I wanted back then was a loud DJ, and sky blue everything} but 22 year old me is VERY happy and pleased and yes, I felt like a princess...even though all that really matters is that I ended up married to the love of my life.

So I am Mrs. Ramshaw now. And Cub Ramshaw is due in T-57 days. And if you're still reading this: you deserve a medal, and I'm so sorry I don't have one!

Comments

Popular Posts