{Trying to} Slow Down

I'm getting married in a short 48 hours and I have been up since {what feels like} the crack of dawn running around making sure that everything is finished:

  • Dresses are all altered, and pressed and hanging up ready to go.
  • Breakfast = eaten
  • Titus Andromendon's bowl is clean {He's my Betta fish that is purple and lives in a pink castle. No judging.}
  • Two loads of dishes cleaned and put away
  • Sheets are washed and drying
  • Towels are folded
  • Baby clothes are packed up and put away
  • "Rosie" the Roomba is running in the living room
  • Bathroom...oi.
  • Errands to the Bank {deposit} and Library {returns and highly probable checking out new material}

That's only half of what I have to do today.

It's 10:30 and I'm in a t-shirt and underwear cause it's fricking HOT and I don't have time to actually dress myself and be an adult. But funny thing: as I was running {literally} through the study, I spied my Christmas gift to my parents sitting on the desk. A Crosley turntable, and alllllllllllllll of mom's records stacked up next to it.

I paused.

I'm sick of today's radio hits, and by sick I mean I throw objects at the speakers...so...let's try something new. I dug out an album devoted to the soundtrack of "American Graffiti"...seems legit. According to the memorabilia that spilled out, my mom had quite the crush on Shaun Cassidy?? My *semi-evil* pranking mind is already planning on taping them up alllllll over her bedroom... but that's besides the point.

I admit the stupid machine took me a good 10 minutes to figure out. Thank YouTube and my MacBook Pro for being so readily available to aid me in my attempt to time travel.

As I'm folding laundry and feeling like a 60s housewife {not the worst feeling in the world!} and dancing, I remembered: SLOW DOWN. Today I need to slow myself down. Everything will get accomplished in God's perfect {and my procrastinating} time. Enjoy the last couple of moments of being single and breathe. Enjoy the day that is gorgeous {if you turn on the air conditioning...} and smile more. Especially at these songs that were written for teenagers and sound like they are being sung by 50 year old men.

Enjoy your Tuesday, people!


Comments

Popular Posts