Yoga

JUST finished my yoga for the morning and I feel amazing! I can breathe and move and I don't feel as lumpy and awkward as I usually do {especially in the am!}. My beautiful friend Maria Wendt {check her out at her website} sent me some of these yoga videos specifically designed for pregnancy and I absolutely love them. I do one every day. They are safe for every trimester of pregnancy, which is great and Katy Appleton is an awesome instructor. My only regret is that I didn't start them sooner!

Episode 1 - I typically do this one on Mondays. It's rather light, but seriously, who wants to do anything heavier on Monday?? Really good at opening up the diaphragm and letting in some space, between me and Cub.

Episode 2 - Tuesday's video! All about them legs...I was pretty surprised that I felt this since leg workouts used to be really easy for me. I always dread this flow, but once it's over with and I can feel my heart rate up, I feel a lot happier. 

Episode 3 - Wednesday; preparing me for contractions! Also a really good arm toner! Going to need that when I have to carry my bear cub everywhere.

Episode 4 - Thursday and the one I just finished! I don't know how to explain it to non pregnant women, but half the time {especially the last few days!} I feel like Cubby has his head in my ribs and I just can't get a good breath in. This though! Ahhhh. Love it!

Episode 5 - Holla for Friday! Usually by Friday I am a tight ball of nerves, especially with all the wedding coordinating and planning thrown into my agenda lately! This video offers great breathing techniques for winding down your week and getting ready for the weekend. I always feel relaxed and ready to conquer the rest of my day after doing these!

Sometimes I do a few stretches at night before I go to bed, if I'm feeling particularly stressed or tense. Bedtime Yoga is so satisfying. And I'm sure Cub enjoys feeling Mama unwind too.

I wasn't a yogi before my pregnancy, but I am definitely planning on becoming a very dedicated one after I give birth. These videos were life changing to say the least! So please, even if you aren't expecting a little bundle of joy, do yourself a favor and check these out!



Comments

Popular Posts