8 Months/36 Weeks/Month 9 Day 1

I can't make up my mind on what to call today because all the names for it sound AMAZING!
8 Months.
36 Weeks.
Month 9 Day 1.
Basically.....this is the homestretch, peeps.
Let's keep it together. 
Focus. 
Breathe. 
Cub will be here in 28 days! 

To say that I am over the moon in love with my baby boy is grossly inadequate to the momentum of my actual feelings. The warm fuzzy feelings however sometimes clash with the glaring reality of pregnancy. 

So to sum up Month 8:
Morning Mirror Selfie

I weighed in this month at the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life: 147 lbs. It fluctuates but I am pretty steady in the 140s.

I am hot. All. The. Fricking. Time. I sweat constantly and I feel like a walking advertisement for Dove deodorant. Not the fresh happy girl showing the after affects of the product. I'm more like the stinky, shiny, cranky version constantly fanning herself and asking if the air is on? I've given up trying to hide it, but address it openly now...makes it a lot less awkward for everyone else in the room who has to view my gargantuan sweat stains. 

At this point in my pregnancy, I could be a tour guide for all the bathroom routes in STL. Where ever I happen to go, I have an instant radar for the fastest trek to the nearest bathrooms in a 5 mile radius. Google Maps has nothing on me. I also seem to have installed a Yelp! system which rates the bathrooms on a cleanliness scale of 1-5 stars {Cracker Barrel btw is seriously underrated; avg. 4.8 stars}. 

The reason for my needing to pee? Besides Cubbers kicking my bladder like he's trying out for Manchester United, I am successfully drinking an average of 80 ounces of water a day. I suck at keeping myself hydrated in general, but realizing how important it actually is in pregnancy has made me really really REALLY try. So, yay me!

I barely squeeze into my old clothes. But I am also way too cheap to actually buy myself any maternity shirts now BECAUSE I AM LITERALLY SO CLOSE TO POPPING HIM OUT I CAN HANG IN THERE AND LOOK RIDICULOUS FOR ANOTHER 4 WEEKS! In other physical news, my fingers and feet are starting to get swollen...at this point that is probably my least favorite part about being pregnant. Also I feel like I waddle. Like a penguin. 

Pregnancy brain. I hate you. You make me forget all things obvious. Because of you I repeat myself. At least four times in a row. In fact you're the reason that I thought I was actually finished with this post and then I had to write an extra paragraph explaining how much I hate you. I hate you and I can't wait for you to be gone so I don't have to go in and out of my house 7 times before I leave to make sure I don't forget stuff {even though I usually end up forgetting it anyways}. 

Cubber's agenda has been fricking crazyyyyyyyy. We haven't stopped running since the wedding, and have had two graduations, two baby showers, a couple of birthdays and Mother's Day celebrations in the last month. We are exhausted. But it's been fun.

I think that about sums it up. Alex has been a complete babe this entire time. He wakes up in the middle of the night and holds me when leg cramps attack. He willingly buys me any and all types of food at any given time of the day. He tells me I look pretty when we both know I look like Frankenstein's Bride. I love watching him talk to my tummy and poke it to watch his son move. He's going to be a great daddy and nothing I do or say will ever be enough to tell him how much I love him. 

So, yeah. 28 days! We cannot wait to meet you Baby Bear! xooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Comments

Popular Posts