Happy 2nd Anniversary, Alex!

Two years ago today, we broke into a park after it had closed, I taught you how to star trip, we ran barefoot from security officers, we showed off our mad tobacco chewing skills, kissed under a bright summer moon for the first time, ate a crap ton of McDonald's, and sang and danced in the car until 3 am.

Most people say that they would have never guessed where they would have ended up...but that night full of pure fun and romance with you had me guessing that you were something special and that I should probably never let you go.

Our first year was rough, we spent 10/12ths of it apart. But you never ever ever let me give up and quit and for that I am thankful. There were a lot of fights and also a lot firsts. Our first Christmas, first Cardinal's ball game, etc. And those firsts with you made everything absolutely worth it. To quote my favorite TV show, Grey's Anatomy, "Every kiss before the right kiss doesn't count anyway." And that is exactly how I felt with you.  When I am with you nothing else matters. No one else counts. You are my everything and definitely something I can't live without.

Our second year has been full of surprises. You proposing on that same park bench one starlit evening. Finding out that we were expecting a sweet baby BOY {!!!!}. Planning on eloping and then the month before changing our minds and planning a wedding in 30 days {although in reality that surprise was more of something for our families than ourselves....}.  So many surprises. So many gifts. So many laughs. Tears. Waffles. Inside jokes. Pictures. Games. Songs. I've lost count. But one thing I've never lost is my love for the way you light up about the smallest things.

You are my favorite.
You are my Best Friend.
My Lover.
My Confidant.
My Cheerleader.
My Superhero.
My Personal Chef.

You are everything I didn't know I needed after 20 years of relationships. You are everything I dreamed of as a 4 year old playing dress up Princess. You are the best thing in my life. You have loved me when I didn't love myself.

Alexander Cole Ramshaw. If I lived a thousand lifetimes in a million different places I would always chose you. I would choose our love. Our romantic comedy. No one else comes close to you.

I love you, Ramshaw. Forever and always.

Check out the 2 Year Anniversary Video I managed to upload to YouTube!


 




Comments

Popular Posts