4 weeks!

Ahhh, my little man is 4 weeks old today! It's hard to believe that it's been that 28 ago we waltzed into the hospital firmly convinced my contractions were nothing but a false alarm.
Then

Now
Watching Noah grow and change from a newborn into a month old baby has been indescribably fulfilling for me. He's lost almost all of the milia on his little nose. His hands and feet have gotten bigger, and have quit peeling. His hair definitely has a personality {like his mama's!} There's one strand on the very top of his head that REFUSES to lay flat no matter what I do to it. The humidity also makes his dark hair curl like no other. His eyes are so full of wisdom already, and they look like they are going to be staying a warm brown. He loves being sung to sleep, and he prefers Irish ballads above everything else. Celtic Thunder has been on repeat for the past week... It's scary seeing how much he has changed from the first time I held him in my arms, to snuggling him in bed with me now. Oh, did I mention my Man Cub, ADORES cuddle sessions?! Most mornings are spent curled up by Mama's side snoozing until 10:30-11 am. 

Cubber's hasn't been on very many excursions. What can I say? I'm a hermit. But we are venturing out more and more lately, although I'm still somewhat of germaphobe in public. 

I've learned a lot about myself too in the past month. For one thing, however nocturnal I was in HS/College, I am a night owl no longer. But I am happy to report that the 1 am and 4 am feedings are going MUCH better. My life is far from perfect no matter what I write on my blog. But I'm learning to find joy in the simple things of life and I'm grateful that my tiny son is teaching me to slow down and savor those fleeting moments.  

I love you so much Noah! And I thank God every single day that He blessed me with you as my son, and that He has entrusted you to my care. Every morning I wake up ready to see how much you've grown and to enjoy your sweet snuggles and your sweet little murmurs in my ear. Daddy and I will love you forever and a day.

xoxo,
Mama Bear

Comments

Popular Posts