Catching up the first 10 Days!

Wow, the past couple of days have flown right by! Unfortunately I've felt a little too good and over exerted myself which is causing me to have to stay in bed all day today. But since it looks pretty stormy anyway, it's a good day to stay inside and cuddle my Bear Cub and catch up on blogging!

Last Thursday we had our very first doctor appt with Noah! He is absolutely perfect inside and out and all we have to do is keep snuggling him!
On our way to the Doctor!
Noah has also been coping extremely well with all the noise from late night fireworks, courtesy of our neighbors. I think his secret is to get really milk drunk and then block your ears with your fists. 
Gotta steal some winks in between the fireworks
His first Fourth of July went awesome! He got to meet all of Mommy's extended family for the first time which was exciting and quite tiring. We were home in bed and well on our way to dreamland at 8:30. I'm so very thankful to live in a country where I have the right to make my own decisions regarding myself and my family. 
Just a few of the Fam Bam
God Bless America
Today is our very first day without Daddy Bear. And it feels so very different. Don't get me wrong, as happy as I am to be getting into a normal schedule again {well as normal as things can be with a newborn}, Alex's strength, kisses, and snuggles are definitely missed by me and my little man. We are so very lucky to have a Daddy/Husband who takes care of us and loves on us. 
Came back from my shower last night to find a cuddle puddle of Ramshaw men
As of now, Noah and I are planning on cuddling the rest of the morning/afternoon while catching up on some library books that are due tomorrow {challenge accepted!}. I feel fine besides general fatigue and cramps...not really worse than a period though, I think the hardest part is forcing myself to rest.

I'm weighing in this morning at 132, so I've lost a total of 18 lbs in 10 days! Breastfeeding was hard to get used to at the beginning when my milk finally came in. I thought I was going to die, and yes, there were many tears shed over the pain. Now that my body is adapting a little more to all the calories being burnt and the schedule of feedings every three hours, I actually am looking forward more and more to the time I get to snuggle my baby boy and bond with him through it.

I already miss using the excuse "because I'm pregnant" for an excuse to pig out on food {breastfeeding moms REALLY have to chow down} or not going somewhere or doing something. But I am LOVING the mommy life. I was honest to God, worried I was going to be the world's worst mother, but I'm finding that a lot of it is instinctive and it really isn't THAT hard. You just have to love. Don't get me wrong, I do NOT love getting up at 4 am, but when I actually sit down in the rocking chair and watch my little Bear falling back asleep, snuggled up against me because he feels oh so safe...well, you really just can't beat that.

I'll do my bestest to keep this blog up better! We lead fairly boring lives at the moment, but there is always the beauty in the every day.

Comments

Popular Posts