Pinterest perfect

I wish I could say I was one of those Pinterest perfect moms…Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. You've seen them.
Pinterest: tiffanystyles15: Empire State Building Barefoot Blonde by Amber Fillerup Clark: Something Devine:

I hate them. Pretty much cause I'm not them. Most days I wish I could just look like those models in designer clothing, with the perfect hair and make up and have their babies in coordinating outfits posing by a photogenic wall and/or dancing to vintage records that they collect. You KNOW they are amazing at cooking too. Maybe not as great as laundry as I am, but so much better at baking. Sigh.

Most of my days are completed without make up, wearing my husband's T-shirts, and gym shorts that saw me through my high school years. I am usually covered head to toe in vomit or poop {or a lovely combination of the two}. If I could only look halfway decent with just the tiniest bit of mascara and some perfume I feel like I would feel a lot better about myself. I feel guilty if I'm away from Noah for more than a minute and a half. The other day I was in the shower and I felt guilty for taking one. Of course I'm sure my family applauded the fact that I was actually putting some effort into my personal hygiene, but I felt like the worst mother in the world for taking five minutes to shampoo the dried breastmilk out of her hair.
There are upsides to being a slob...I am comfy, Cub does not judge and when I'm comfortable in bed surrounded by pillows and cuddling my baby, I am better able to focus on finishing my overdue library book. 

Does it get easier? Maybe? I hope so? Only time will tell. In the meantime I will remain unshowered and eat my ice cream and snuggle my super cute baby. So screw you Pinterest Moms. I may be a Mommy Blogger but that doesn't mean I'm in the stereotype. 

Comments

Popular Posts