Sabrina

1st night of rooming.
When I first met Sabrina, we were in Indiana at a training for a 6 month mission trip. I will be honest when I admit that my first thought was, "What on earth is this girl doing on a mission trip?!" Straight from California this sweet girl was terrified of all the bugs in the whole wide world. 
I honestly did not even DREAM that we would be friends at first. She seemed the polar opposite of me. Her effortless beauty and carefree spirit, seemed to clash with my tomboy ways and calculating nature. But as fate would have it, we were assigned to be roommates in Jamaica at Mama Debbie's house. 

From the very beginning Sabrina completely won over my heart with her obssession with all flowers, her appreciation of the little things in life, and her love for everyone who came into her sphere of happiness. She thought nothing of being raw and vulnerable with me from day one. I was amazed at her strength and her honesty. She saw me at my absolute worst and she overwhelmed me with love. She put up with me kicking off all the covers in the middle of the night and sleeping with my eyes open. I grew more in my faith at her side and I saw her transform from a woman terrified of anything that crawled, to bravely slapping away bugs like it was no big deal. She showed me the love of Christ when I didn't deserve it. We cried, we forgave, we laughed, we danced, we ate. 

You wonderful, beautiful soul!
After being home a short year, my beautiful Sabrina has joyfully said, "yes" to Jesus and is preparing to go on another mission trip. This time she's going even further away from her comfort zone, for a longer amount of time and plunging deeper into the will of Christ. She is participating in the World Race which has been a dream of hers for as long as I have known her. For those of you not familiar with the World Race, it is a grueling trip of 11 countries in 11 months. It takes a minimalistic nature, tireless energy, abundant grace and stamina. I have to say I'm quite jealous and, if I could, I would definitely go myself but since I can't I am supporting my beautiful Sabrina 105%. No one deserves to go on this trip as much as my Sister does and no one is more qualified. Please visit her blog and prayerfully consider supporting her financially in this next journey of her life! Also subscribe to her wonderful blog posts so that you can stay updated in all that she is going to be doing in the next year.
I love you Sabrina! No one and I mean NO ONE is more loving and caring than you! Sending so much love and prayers with you!
Dreds and smiles after church
Sweet Marky! Our host brother of one week!
Dirty and having the time of our lives!
Our Host Mama! 
Trying on Mama Debbie's dresses for Sunday Church



Comments

Popular Posts