1st Anniversary!

On the morning of April 28th, for the rest of my life, I will wake up, blink a couple of times, roll over, and feel my Husband and his very cold shoulders {he insists on sleeping with a fan  on full blast blowing less than a foot from him}. I stare at this wonderful piece of Human and then slowly I lean forward, gently, and....LICK HIM.

He hates being licked. Except if you're a dog and then it's perfectly alright, cause Lord knows they are way less gross than a human. He also hates tomatos on his sandwiches. Btw his Jimmy John's order is a number 9 with Pure Leaf Tea, if they have it. He has a slight obsession with conspiracy theories on YouTube and shoes {all 28 pairs of his that I can't throw away}. When he laughs his hardest, he throws his head back and holds his chest with his right hand. It's really cute. When he's pissed off he doesn't like to be touched or acknowleged in any way shape or form. He likes confirmation about financial decisions. He always stands one step lower than me on the stairs/escaltor so we can more comfortably talk/make fun of other people. Hamburger helper is his favorite meal. He looks really good in hats. He's practically blind but only got glasses a month ago {for the love of baby lambs!}. He's great at keeping an inside joke going...our longest one is over 2 years old. He's very coordinated and can pick up any sport immediately...trust me. His fourth day on the slopes in Colorado he successfully completed a black diamond run. He's great about understanding my OCD. He's quick to forgive people. He knows that kisses on my neck is a surefire way to get me to calm down. And he is my best friend.

What? Oh sorry, I thought I heard you ask, "What have you learned in the last year of being married, Rachel?"

Well now that you've asked, I've learned to kiss slow and forgive fast. I've learned that I don't always divide the mattress evenly between us but he's a freaking rock so even if I'm half on top of him he won't move. It's cool. I've learned that 3 people living in one room is doable and that my mission trip prepared me for this. I've learned that house hunting is stressful and while I need an office space, he NEEDS a gaming room {?!}. I've learned that when you laugh together it's a lot more fun that way. I've learned that he has a lot to teach me about being  nice to people, that I don't like. I've learned that I have a newfound love for longboarding. I've learned that when we don't discuss things I get very aggitated. I've learned that if I binge watch a show he will start watching it with me on the 4th season finale and BEG me to go back to the beginning. And I've learned that I can't say "no" to that request.

Yes. Yes, I have learned a lot.

Yes I do love him even more than I could possibly imagine, even when I'm mad and trying to figure out if I could a box big enough to duct tape him in and mail him to Singapore. I love him a lot.
Especially because he loves me for me...and even though I can't write him a sweet, cute loving blog post, he doesn't care becaue he doesn't read my blog. {insert upside down smiley face here}

Happy 1st Anniversary, ya Putz. I think I'll keep it up, IF ONLY so that we can attempt to beat the guiness world record of marriage {84 years in case you were wondering!}.


Comments

Popular Posts