ESSENTIAL OIL -- PEPPERMINT

It's a nasty, cold, cloudy, rainy, spring morning. My coffee is all wrong without cream and sugar, we are out of almost all or dairy products, so I'm currently penning a grocery list. Noah is grabbing my leg asking me to play with him and I can't because there's laundry on my bed, dishes overflowing in the sink, and Baby Bum blaring loudly,  "Three Little Kittens" and my head is beginning to twinge with the sign of an oncoming headache. You know the little ache at the temples where you realize you didn't have enough caffeine and why bother drinking 32 ounces of water because it never works, and now you're wondering if the gravel vac for the aquarium can be used to siphon out the last of the coffee from the drain in the sink?

And hallelujah you remember, you have peppermint! After dosing on my temple and the nape of my neck generously the aches subside into nothingness. But I still chug down 8 ounces of water just in case. We primarily use peppermint in this household for headaches. However there's pretty much nothing this oil isn't good for. Except babies. Babies can't have it applied topically to their little bodies because they don't understand the cold burning peppermint gives off, but by all means you can use it with a diffuser!

Some other things that peppermint is helpful in treating are:
-Increased Alertness
-Cold Sores
-Constipation
-Cramps
-Diarrehea
-Fever
-Flu
-Heartburn
-Hives
-IBS
-Memory
-Muscle Aches
-Nausea

Enjoy!!

Comments

Popular Posts