Recent Herbal Book Haul!

So between my mom and our local library I have scored MAJORLY  on some new reading material for my new obsession PLANTS AND HERBS AND FLOWERS AND ALL THINGS GREEN! Yeah the enthusiasm is real over here, people.  Here's what I got!



Family Herbal; a Guide to Living Life with Energy, Health, and Vitality
-- by Rosemary Gladstar
This is one of the holistic communities Bible; everyone I know has recommended this book to me and since my Mom had it stashed on her bookshelf I stole it one night after dinner. Still working my way through the beginning chapters, but I can already tell I love how she writes! 

The Backyard Homestead
--Carleen Madigan
Y'all. The dream is to have a hobby farm. So this book HAD to come home with me! Ok but for real they have a whole section dedicated to culinary herbs and if there's one thing I'd commit heinous, unspeakable crimes for is cream cheese with fresh thyme and rosemary, chives, and minced garlic. I may be the cheapest hit man you'll ever meet but at least I know how to eat well! 

Practical Herbalism; Ordinary Plants with Extraordinary Powers
-- Philip Fritchey MH, ND, CNHP
From the quick once over I have managed to give it, this book seems very textbookish and since its written by a Naturopathic Doctor I can't say I'm that surprised. Still, even though his writing skills may be lacking, the possibility of becoming a Naturopathic Doctor myself is a tempting daydream and if I were to get something from the Wizard myself it would be the brains needed to earn that degree. Also time. Lots of time. 

Essential Oils; Ancient Medicine 
-- Dr. Josh Axe, Ty Bollinger, and Jordan Rubin
Absolutely LOVED. This book got number one priority since it was a library find, and unlike my mother, the library charges late fees. This book was informative and referenced Biblical history. It provided a index of herbs and their uses as well as knowledge on how the oil is diluted. This book gives you everything from recipes for the kitchen to skin care products to tips on how to use essential oils on your pets! i think book is my absolute favorite and go to herbal consult book. 

Comments

Popular Posts