AQAUARIST IS A REAL TERM OK

Hi guys! My name is Rachel and I am an aquarist! I thought I would share a little bit of my new{ish} hobby!

I have a ten gallon aquarium housing my Betta boys, Rhaegal, a five gallon in Noah's room where Drogon our other betta lives, and a 40 gallon breeder with 3 fancy goldfish {Podrick, and two undetermined names} I was able to take in from a friend.

I started loving fish when I was around 5 years old and visited Shedd Aquarium. Something just stuck. I was in love and whenever my parents were foolish enough to give in we kept fish off and on throughout middle and high school.  For mother's day last year I got a new Betta from Noah, Rhaegal, which I kept in a vase with bamboo.



Rhaegal has survived my learning curve of proper Betta care, the nitrogen cycle, and I seriously got into fishkeeping last fall. The bug has bit hard you guys.

I now spend about 2 hours a week maintaining my tanks which isn't too bad since that involves changing out 27.5 gallons of water a week. I also may or may not belong to an aquarium forum...and follow betta rescuers on Instagram. Whatever.

Both tanks are visible from my little reading nook and watching the bright colors flash in the water is oddly soothing. I think I was a mermaid in a past life. For real though. Anyways I will most likely be posting pictures on here of them soon since I can't do it on social media since it's just too weird. I hope you enjoy and let me know if you keep fish, or are thinking of getting some!!

Comments

Popular Posts