Welcome 2019!

Every single NYE I spend with my family. We snack, play games, watch Christmas movies, eat birthday cake for my baby brother, and scream at midnight. I'm also a hopeless Type A personality and I spend {a lot of} the last few hours of the year, excitedly filling up my brand new planner {!!!!} with goals and dreams for the next year, as well as birthdays and special days that are scattered throughout. I break out my new prayer journal, make a list of books I want to read {this year we are up to 30!}, and stuff my face with cheese and sausage platters while doing it. It is my comfort zone. It is my space. And it is sacred. Amen.

2019 is going to be such an exciting year for our little family because we are growing by one tiny pancake on the stack this spring!






Much love to Cassandra for coming over super early on a Sunday morning to capture our little announcement and swing the vote for chocolate chip pancakes. She is the absolute best when it comes to getting all the little life moments that we love in her lenses.

This blog started as a way for me to document my first pregnancy with Cubbers, and now that I am over half way through my second pregnancy I feel like I should probably catch you up! In most ways I forget I am pregnant! With only a hint of nausea at the very beginning, this pregnancy has been an absolute breeze {PTL!}. My bump is finally starting to show, and Alex and I are so excited to be planning a natural birth with a local group of midwives. We are choosing to be surprised, so we don't know the gender of our little Baby Pancake, but most days I would guess it to be a girl, and I think Daddy is wanting another bouncing baby boy. We both agree that whatever our little surprise is, we are already completely smitten with it!

Alright, I know I said it last year...and also failed epically, but that's redundant: I am going to do a better job about keeping this blog updated! Some of my goals for this year include putting in our first garden and getting better about cooking and discovering healthier food options for our family, and that's something that I definitely want to share with you guys. Keep an eye on my Earthy Herby tab for some good cookbooks and recipes I will test out for you guys, and I'll be sure and add Husband's and Cub's ratings too!

Some ways that I'm making an effort to become more mindful of this blog is deleting my social media for a year. If you haven't noticed there are absolutely zero proven results out there that say that being on social media improves your health, well being, state of mind, etc. Sure it definitely can inspire you, but more often than not, it brings you down. Plus as a soon to be mom of two, who even has the time to sit and scroll anymore?! S/O to Hope for taking away my passwords and being an accountability babe!

Some of our familial goals to reach by the end of the year are :

  • Read 365 + books with the kiddos
  • Reaching level 50 in Portuguese on our Duolingo app
  • Keep up a thankfulness jar to be filled with little moments we are grateful for and/or memories that make us laugh.

    Thank you, Pinterest!
  • Getting our garden planted, grown and harvested!
  • Minimalism challenges all throughout the year!

Let me know what some of your family challenges are in the comments below, and I hope that you all have such an amazing new year! 

Comments

Popular Posts