Since this is a blog about my little family, I figured I should probably introduce you to the 4th member of it: Angel. She's going to be 8 years old next month and that's just a little scary. We adopted her from our local animal shelter when she 9 months old. Angel loves long naps, playing exactly 3 rounds of fetch, and escaping regularly from our yard, much to my neighbors' annoyance. She thinks she's still a puppy {I don't have the heart to tell her that she is a Grandma in dog years} and she is an overall lovable mess. Rough coated collies are getting to be something of a rarity these days {breaks down in sobs over my favorite breed} so we attract a lot of attention whenever we go out. Everybody loves Lassie! 

I just finished the ordeal of giving her a bath and brushing her out {to be quite honest I'm not positive that I got ALL the leaves} and I am exhausted. Most people just send their dogs to the groomers, but really, who has that kind of money?! The answer is: not me. So I bathe and brush her myself and I will forever have dog hair clinging to my clothes, but at this point I've just given up. You can't win, you can only opt for heavy damage control {aka lint rollers, a vacuum, and perfume}. Can't wait for Cub to get here and meet his romping buddy! She's going to be over the moon to have a little Man Cub to love on and raise! 

So after 57 minutes, about 50 gallons of water, half a bottle of raspberry smelling dog shampoo, three towels and a soaking wet floor covered in dog hair, later: Angel is bathed and I am ready for MY shower. At least she stands still. Happy Saturday! 


Saturday Morning Baths

Comments

Popular Posts