My First Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. Today I am also 33 weeks pregnant! So give or take another 3-7 weeks and I will be able to snuggle my son! I feel like I am forever caught up in the countdown of when he is going to be here...so today I tried to enjoy THIS part of motherhood. This awkward, uncomfortable, I-can't-breathe-cause-his-head-is-in-my-ribs-right-now part of motherhood.

Both my Ramshaw boys make my life awesome {ignore my previous ending sentence on the above paragraph, that doesn't really count, he can't help it}. Alex and Cub love me so sweetly. This morning I got to open my FIRST mother's day card from Alex. I may or may not have become emotional...you'll never know. Cub entertained me with wiggles and kicks which I'm assuming translated into "I love you, you're the best mom ever...now feed me woman!" I spent the day with both my Mama, and my Mother in Law....dang we have to get a cuter name for her. Mother in Law sounds like a super villain...Ok from now on it's just Mama 2. I know that's not the most original or whatever but I'm also brain dead so shut up. Anywho. My day was filled with sunshine and relaxation which is all I wanted. Imma happy mama.

Today has been about a lot of firsts for me. First things make me excited because it's like opening a book for the first time, you never know what you are going to experience. It's unknown and inviting. Today was my first mother's day. And I'm going to be a mom for the rest of my life. This isn't one of those 18 year contracts. Cub is my son forever. I will be his mama forever. Nothing will change that.

Happy Mother's Day, ladies. Here's to all of you. You aren't always thanked for your sacrifices, but we are grateful. You aren't always spoiled, but you deserve to be. You aren't always on time, but life isn't about the destination it's about the journey. You aren't always the best dressed, but we think you're prettier than Miss Universe. We know that you aren't perfect, but we don't care. We love you. We do a terrible job at showing it. But you are fantastic at doing yours. Thank you for being you. 

I know 1 day out of 365 seems pretty lame. 24 hours isn't NEARLY long enough to actually make you feel appreciated. But maybe, just maybe...we are actually celebrated every day. Every single day we have the ability to shape the future of this world with the impact we make on our children's lives. Our own lives are a tribute to our mothers. I would say history is actually just the legacy of Motherhood. Wow. Put that way...Motherhood sounds like the best job in the whole universe. Lowpaying...but still the best.

Thank you, Cubby for making me a Mama. I feel very spoiled that I get to be yours. And thanks to my husband, not just for spoiling me to today but every single day with your love and kisses and random offerings of food. I don't deserve you. Love you both, xoxox. 

Comments

Popular Posts