2016 in Film



2016
2k16
Two thousand sixteen

Looking back at this year has been exceptionally thought-provoking. I can see that I have grown in so many directions this year.  2016 was unequivocally my "Bucket List" year! I've become a wife and a mother and that in and of itself has launched me lightyears away from who I was 366 days ago.  

I have always loathed saying good-bye to things. I have hated growing older for as long as I can remember. I've always detested seeing my favorite babysitters go off to college. I think I spend so much time looking backward I sometimes forget that amazing things are coming my way. I forget to look forward. So this year is going to be different from any other year. 

This year I am excited for the things of the future!

The past couple of days I have been sitting down, praying, and writing down my resolutions as a Wife, Mother, and Person for 2017. I refuse to keep looking behind at the things that I'm leaving. Yes, this is no longer the year that my child is born in but we are about to enter the beloved toddler stage in 2017! I will no longer be considered a newlywed by society standards, but Husband and I are far from leaving the honeymoon stage of our relationship.

This year was my coming out year as a writer! I've always been extremely private about journals and diaries, and little scraps of stories that I've weaved together during my Business Law class {shhh don't tell my Professor!}. But this year, well you're reading one product of my work! I am established blogger! And although my posts may seem silly or inconsequential, for me they are more of a milestone. I've managed to upkeep a blog and learned way more than I have ever cared to about graphic design and computer code. Also, I'm going with a more minimalistic approach in 2017 when it comes to color schemes and graphics! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! Ooooo and we can't forget my not winning NaNoWriMo. 2017 shall be my year of victory! I shall finish in record time, and write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Hopefully by then I will finish the one that I have already started {for those you who care, it is creeping slowly towards the end where I must decide what fate the Heroine picks...pressure.}, When it comes to 2016 though, I think I have been quite brave with my writing and have taken it to new heights. Thank you to the family and friends who have encouraged me!  

Also did you see how many snapshots I've taken this year?! I'm making a resolution to take 3 times more film pictures in 2017! To look through the lens of my camera at least once a day and snap a photo of my Cub Bear or myself. To look more into taking self portraits because I need to jump in front of the camera more and document myself. This should be interesting as I'm hardly a "Selfie Queen"....

I won't bore you with all of my resolutions I promise! But I highly encourage you to lock yourself away for a solid 15 minutes and dig deep into the things that you want to change about yourself, be completely ugly honest with your inmost monsters and quiet them down.
Scroll through your camera roll on your phone and look back at 2016...minus all the celebrity deaths and drama this year {RIP Carrie Fisher!} It truly has been one filled with blessings and love. I am truly grateful for all the love I have received from my family and friends, Husband and Son. So with all this in mind, I hope you will subscribe to my blog to keep up with my Bear Tribe as we adventure into 2017 with hearts full to the brim with love, and our arms wrapped tightly around each other, 

Comments

Popular Posts