"Simply Tuesday" // Book Review

I didn't want to read this book. Despite it's white and gold, cozy looking cover, I didn't want to read this book. I had attempted to read "Grace for the Good Girl" by Emily P. Freeman and after three chapters in I just wasn't able to get into it...so I consequently wrote off this other book that I had snagged from the library and returned the both of them.

Flash forward to a few months later, I take a leap of faith {not for normal people, just for introverts who are obsessed with reading like me} and join a book club! Guess what we are reading this first month that I join???
You guessed it!
Simply Tuesday.

I sighed inwardly and braced myself for a very very very long and dry next few months of reading it. I didn't even buy the book I just rented it from the library and planned on renewing, because let's face it I'm a miser who doesn't want to buy books I hate when I can buy books I literally inhale with happiness. {Think I'm crazy?? feel free to exit your internet browser, LITERARY HATER....I mean- Friendly Stranger Who is Reading my Blog.}

So. Here I am with a book that I don't want to read and the pressing anxiety of nerves about joining my first adult book club full of strangers that I don't know. What did I do?

I read it all.
In a week.

And then for good measure I looked up and filled out the book study guide that they author herself wrote.

Because I am an over preparer. It's what I do. And I do it well.

I can't say I absolutely loved this book. But she did bring up a lot of good points when it comes to slowing down and enjoying life. But through discussion with the girls in my book club I was able to view the book from so many more backgrounds and stages of life than just my own. So I really did enjoy this book as my first bookclub book.

My "Rachel Rating" for this book would be a 3.9 out of 5 stars!


Comments

Popular Posts